Terms and Conditions
Discussion forum terms and conditions
All forum participants must abide by the following:
Stay on topic
If there’s an existing discussion on the topic you’d like to discuss, please reply to it rather than creating a new post. Use the forum search to find related topics—if you can’t find one, feel free to create a new post.
It’s also important to stay on topic in a particular thread of discussion, so only reply if you feel you have something relevant to add. It is frustrating for others if you take a conversation off track, so please consider when it may be best to find a more relevant discussion or when to create a new post.
Remember your post is available to all
Don’t forget your posts and replies can be read by everyone else. Therefore please be mindful of how your message may be read – posts cannot be deleted.
Be courteous to others and report issues
Good forum etiquette means you should avoid inflammatory topics and refrain from making inappropriate jokes. Harassment of any kind is unacceptable.
Sometimes a forum participant may make a mistake, take a discussion off topic, or make an inappropriate remark. Please us ‘flag’ button to flag inappropriate posts for moderator attention.
Be understanding of moderation decisions
Occasionally, the moderators may intervene to ensure discussions remain respectful. The moderators will consider the severity of any breaches of these rules in making a decision to act, and will keep a record of any actions they take. Actions can include:
- editing a post to remove infringing material, if that material constitutes a small proportion of an otherwise appropriate post
- moving a discussion thread, if it would be more appropriate in another forum
- locking a discussion thread, if the infringement is minor
- deleting a post, if the moderator decides that the content is generally infringing
- deleting an entire discussion thread, if the discussion is generally infringing
- warning participants who make infringing posts, and blocking their access to the forums if the infringement is severe or repeated.
If your post is moved, edited or deleted and you don’t understand why, please click here. However, you should not create a forum post or reply asking what happened to your post; this clogs up the forums for other users, and is considered a further breach of the rules.